We’ve been posting some of our daily activities because we like people to know how we manage to get out of the routine, even with a busy, tight schedule. It´s always possible, no matter how many responsibilities or tasks you have on a daily basis, if you really want it you find a way, if not, you find and excuse.
And thus I am sharing this recipe, because many of my patients ask me how do I manage to cook, take pictures, bring out new posts, workout, train the team, see patients, and well all that involves being married and having 4 legged kids :). Yeah, days can be super busy, but I love what I do, so I enjoy every single minute, and cooking is very often part of what I do on a daily basis, I cook my lunch, our breakfast and very often our dinner. But I have to say that what I enjoy most is our delicious, healthy, vegan desserts, and as a casual tuesday, here’s the recipe!
Vegan Banana Muffins (serves 12)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds + 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup light brown organic sugar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons flax meal and 6 tablespoons water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in the brown sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract.
4. Then add the flax/water combination to the liquid mix.
5. Pre heat the oven at 350F or 190C.
6. Incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Pour batter into muffin pan.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
Copyright © Live Life Nutrition for the Soul, 2013. All rights reserved. No part of the development, content, or feedback can be reproduced without the written consent of Live Life Nutrition for the Soul.