What could be more glorious than having the delicious texture of bread with the richness of fruit in a sweet bite? I’d never thought that making a sweet bread was so easy yet so incredibly delicious. This can be use as a snack in the afternoon or in the morning. Keep an eye on portion, it’s the KEY! Oh and for those interested, this bread has no butter, no eggs, no milk;) and yes it’s also vegan!
Sparkling Banana Bread (serves 1 big bread or 11 muffins)
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp water)
- 4 medium bananas (exact measurement is not crucial)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 cups whole wheat
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pecans, or any chopped nut (optional)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Mix the flax with the water and let sit for 5 minutes. Add the banana and mash it leaving some crumbles for texture.
2. Add the sugar, baking soda and mix. Add the vainilla extract and coconut oil.
3. Plase parchment paper or grease the pan your about to use. Pre heat the oven to 375F or 190 C
4. Add the rolled oats and fold in completely. Add the optional nuts.
5. Add the batter into the pan about 3/4 of the way.
6. In a bowl mix all the crumble ingredients with a fork until you have nice crumbles. Add it on to and cook for 15-20 minutes or until nicely cooked.
7. Wait for it to cool down before removing from the pan.
8. Enjoy a unique preparation.
Copyright © Live Life Nutrition for the Soul, 2013. All rights reserved. No part of the development, content, or feedback can be reproduced without the written consent of Live Life Nutrition for the Soul.