Pasta oh Pasta! My favorite meal, anytime any day, anywhere
When someone decides to become vegetarian somehow they find themselves eating pasta, bread and all this carb loaded food just because many don’t know how to replace the typical protein in a main course, and as a need to cover energy requirements and to satisfy body’s signaling of nutriente deficiency (protein) they just keep eating, and can’t seem to control cravings.
Is that you?Maybe yes, maybe not! But if you are having this problem, don’t worry it just seems to be a crucial step that all successful vegetarians go through but end up battling when they find out what to eat. I promise you that if you follow sporadically my posts you will find out how to replace protein in your meals.
Ok, but my main point here is that when someone goes from being vegetarian to being vegan pasta becomes the most discouraged plate….just BECAUSE….cheese cheese and MORE CHEESE! And this is what makes us, vegans struggle when we eat out, because now a days many restaurants have vegetarian options but they are loaded with cheese, or creamy preparations. And that’s why there’s always HOMEMADE
I was craving for a creamy pasta sauce since I’ve seen to be over the typical tomato, basil, watery sauce.
Thanks to Oh She Glows from where I got the original recipe. I made some variations.
Wanted to share with you this amazing container for pasta storage a very special friend got me Featuring her pasta recipient and the most amazing Italian Napkins you’ll see below.
Thank you LL
Spaghetti with Creamy Sauce (serves 2-3)
Pasta (about 200g for aprox. 3 servings, it depends on how much you usually eat)
1 medium tomato
4 cherry tomatoes
4-5 medium mushrooms
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup of nuts (any, almond, nut, cashew. Whatever you have in hand)
3 tbsp of water
1 tbs of tomato paste
4-5 Basil leaves
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a pan mix the cherry tomatoes cut in 4, with the mushrooms and 1 garlic.
2. In a pot boil water and cook pasta as directed on package (this pasta doesn’t have egg on it’s ingredients as many people are concerned about it. If you are interested on knowing what brands do not have eggs let me know)
3. In a food processor add all the remaining ingredients (nuts, garlic, tomato, olive oil, water, salt, pepper, tomato paste, basil leaves, etc) and mix.
4. Bring the whole mix into the pan where the mushrooms and cherry tomatos are, heat up for a minute or two.
5. Add to the pasta, mix well and serve! ENJOY!