Getting started on a vegan or even a vegetarian salad is not a simple process, but let me tell you, it’s more than just worth it! As you might have seen the whole idea of posting my recipes is for everyone to find out that cooking vegan or vegetarian is not a mission to outer space. If I can do it, you can do it, BELIEVE ME!
This was one of my firts tofu preparations. And it ended up looking like this…
To be honest I don’t like using measuring cups and spoons, the easier the better, but as we all get used to the kitchen, they might be a useful tool.
Salted Veggies on Lettuce Hearts (1 Serving)
- Lettuce Hearts – 3 Leaves
- Tomato 1/4 cup
- Cucumber 1/4 cup
- Carrot 1/4 cup
- Red Onion 1/4 cup
- Sweet Canned Corn 1/4 cup
- Mushrooms 1/2 cup
- Pepper pinch
- Salt pinch
- Other Spices or dressings (add any spice you love, just to give it that unique taste, or even any dressing or sauce like teriyaky, or a salad dressing that goes with warm veggies. I used a honey mustard dressing this time)
Don’t be to strict on the amount, if you have more or less of the veggies noted above, try changing the amounts of each so you still have 1 or more servings according to your needs. You could add brocoli, eggplants, etc.
1. Wash all veggies properly
2. Dice all veggies as seen above.
3. Saute all veggies on a pan with a little bit of oil, start with the veggies that take longer to cook, in this case the carrots and the onions. Keep adding until you mix them all up. Cover the pan and let it cook until the carrots are soft, then add pepper and salt to taste, as well as the spice of your choice.
4. Wash the lettuce hearts properly
5. Place them on a plate and add the sauted veggies on top.
6. Add the sauce or dressing of you choice, I added a honey mustard dressing I usually use for salads, surprisingly it tasted great.
Seasoned Dried Tomato Tofu
- Firmed Tofu – 3 ounces
- Dried Tomato Seasoning – to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
To be honest as this being my first approach to cooking tofu my self I kept it simple just to see who neutral tofu’s taste really was. If you’ve been a tofu eater you might know better that this is the simplest way to have a tofu, yet I really liked it.
1. Sauted the Tofu on a pan until it takes a brown color on both sides
2. While it cooks on either side add salt, pepper, and the dried tomato seasoning. (Feel free to add anything else. Nut spread goes great, as well as other spices as turmeric or ginger)
3. Serve and Voilá!