Eating dessert, is for me one of the most amazing experiences since I became vegan. I never imagined they could be so tasty, so soft, and overall with a great nutritional value vs traditional bakery. Using avocados, beets and even potatoes to make dessert was never in my ingredient list for cooking, but vegan bakery has for sure a way to surprise us all. So if you are a brownie obsessed like me, make sure you try this soft Red Velvet Brownies.
Red Velvet Brownies (Serves 9 aprox)
- 2 medium cooked beets
- 1 cup unsweetened almond/soy milk
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 3/4 cup brown granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (or canola oil)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
1. Cook the beet in the oven wrapped in foil paper with a drizzle of oil, until soft. Remove from the oven and let cool within the foil paper saving the juices.
2. Blend the beets in a blender or food processor with a bit of water to encourage mix. Measure 1/2 cup. Preheat the Oven to 375F or 190C.
3. In a bowl mix the soy milk with the white vinegar and set aside for it to curdle. Add sugar, oil, vainilla extract, and beets an mix properly.
4. In another bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and slowly add it to the wet mix mixing properly.
5. Add the mix to a pan and cook for 25-30 minutes or until cooked in the center.
Keep in an air tight container to preserve freshness for at least 5 days.
Thanks to Dana for the recipe.
Copyright © Live Life Nutrition for The Soul, 2013. All rights reserved. No part of the development, content, or feedback can be reproduced without the written approval of Live Life Nutrition for the Soul.