So last month hubby was celebrating he’s 30 something :). I thought it was just a perfect opportunity to cook outside the box and come up with something different on his day. I was looking for a raw, super fresh dessert preferably chocolate free just to spice things up. This amazing “cheesecake” is made out of nuts, and many red fruits. You won’t believe you are eating so healthy, ever! Nothing to envy from a non vegan dessert.
Before preparing this dessert I do suggest you do it with time because serving each cup is a prefect form of art, plus you need to refrigerate for at least 8 hours. So pop this out as a perfect dessert to surprise family and friends on a special ocassion.
Red Fruit “Cheesecake” (serves 8 Medium size – glass, or 24 small size – cup, or 12 inc cake size)
- 1 1/2 cups nut mix (I used pecans and almonds, feel free to use any mix or just one type of nut)
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups of mixed berries (I used strawberries and blueberries)
- 3 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup agave syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon zest (from all juiced lemons)
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
8. Enjoy! And celebrate, eating cruelty free is for sure another great reason to smile even if you are not in a birthday party!
I made personal portions which worked perfect for the birthday lunch!
Copyright © Live Life Nutrition for The Soul , 2013. All rights reserved. No part of the development, content, or feedback can be reproduced without the written approval of Live Life Nutrition for the Soul.