My favorite breakfast/brunch preparation! Since I became vegan I was craving to have some vegan pancakes and I must say I thought they were pretty difficult to make, today I have to confirm they are easy, healthy AND delicious!
What I loved most about them is that they are packed with nutritious foods like oats, flax seeds, and even some peanut butter. No oil, no margarine, no creams! Yeah I thought it was too good to be true buy they are.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did, let me know how it goes for you.
Peanut Butter, Oats & Flax Seed Pancakes (serves 4-5 medium thick units)
1 cup soy milk, vanilla
1 tsp flax seeds
3 Tbsp peanut butter (I used crunchy and it gave it a great texture)
3 Tbsp maple or agave syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp rolled oats
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp fruit vinegar
2 large bananas, sliced
4 large strawberries
Agave syrup (or maple syrup)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl
2. Mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl or container, except the fruit vinegar
3. Add all the wet ingredients into the dry mix and mix well. Incorporate the fruit vinegar while mixing
4. In a pan the size you want the pancakes add oil or pam (I use pam for cooking)
5. Spread the mix and let it cook until the outside border turns firm.
6. Flip the pancake and let it cook on the other side.
7. Add the toppings and Enjoy!