Diet today, is a word that has taken over many people’s life. The truth is, diet has nothing to do with being on a weight loss plan, the word diet makes reference to all the foods that make up someone’s day. So if you eat pizza and hot dogs, that’s your diet, if you eat salads and fruits, that’s your diet.
So saying we are on a diet meaning we are on a regimen or weight loss program is confusing. Having in mind “diet” is whatever we eat on a day to day basis, we want to invite you to indulge in super sweet, healthy treats you can make for the whole family. When we have a balanced diet, meaning we eat enough carbs, protein, fats, vitamins and minerals to maintain our bodies nurtured, we are more than free to indulge now and then on our favorite desserts. Cutting out desserts, and sweets from our diets, specially when they are our weak point, makes no sense. By doing so we will create anxiety, and by the time we have accomplished whatever our goal was, we turn back into our treats and eat more than just enough. So don’t cut out your treats, they are meant to make us happy, what we need to learn is portion control. So with today’s treat, feel free to have your muffin as your dessert’s portion!
Muffin Monster Favorites! (Serves about 15)
(This muffins have been re-named due to our 4 legged muffin monster. Read the whole story below the recipe. Blueberry-Coconut Muffins Original Name.)
- 1 3/4 cups + 1 Tbsp white flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice + 1 tsp zest
- 1 large very ripe banana, mashed
- 3 Tbsp shredded coconut (sweetened)
- 1 cup blueberries
Shredded coconut (sweetened)
1. Add the flour, flax seeds, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Mix properly.
2. In a pan (or microwave – we don’t have one) warm up the coconut oil, the agave syrup and the soy milk. Don’t let them boil, just let them warm a bit until coconut oil melts. Add the melted ingredients with the dry ingredients.
3. Mix properly an add the remaining ingredients. Remember to mash the ripe banana before. Add the blueberries last and fold in softly.
4. Add into muffin pans, and bake for 25 minutes at 375 F (190C), or until a stick comes clean in the middle. Do not bring the muffins off the pan until they are completely cold. The fact they have a lot of coconut oil makes them fragile when hot. Once they are at room temperature bring them off the pan.
We must confess this muffins have been re-named in honor to our 4 legged muffin monster, who, as cute as she might look, she jumped into our dinning table while I left them off to cool down. She had the pleasure (or indigestion I must say) of eating about 10 or more muffins. She clearly got sick! Remember PORTION CONTROL at least we both got our own muffin. If you needed and extra approval, Luna says they are just exquisite!
Thanks Kathy for the AmazingRecipe!
Copyright © Live Life Nutrition for The Soul , 2013. All rights reserved. No part of the development, content, or feedback can be reproduced without the written approval of Live Life Nutrition for the Soul