Heading out of my comfort zone one more time I decided to hit the dessert table with something other than chocolate. And guess what…they are delicious! Another type of dessert is always good. I had these poppy seeds around my kitchen and had no idea what to do with them. Glad to have found this amazing recipe. Completely vegan, but it does have sugar, so hold your hands, it’ still a dessert!
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins (serves 12 aprox)
- 1 cup soy or almond milk
- 3.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- lemon zest from 2 lemon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a bowl mix the lemon juice and the milk (let it curdle for 5 minutes). Then add the applesauce, warm coconut oil and lemon zest.
2. In another bowl wisk the flour with all the dry ingredients. Pre heat the oven at 190C or 375F.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients properly. Grease the muffins pans and add the mix.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until completely cooked.
Copyright © Live Life Nutrition for The Soul, 2013. All rights reserved. No part of the development, content, or feedback can be reproduced without the written approval of Live Life Nutrition for the Soul.