Hubby and I are still not baby parent’s, but still we are parents, both of our fluffy four legged dogs is what make our home complete, they are our kids. They demand all of our time, a huge responsibility, and tons of love. So yeah, we might not be parents to some because we don’t have kids, but for them we are their one and only, and thus dad deserves the best, because undoubtedly he is an amazing father, more than anyone could ask for here are the pancakes we made for him on father’s day. Feel free to use them as a brunch of special breakfast, they are amazing!
Father’s Day Pancakes (Serves 3 medium)
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed + 2.5 Tbsp water
- 1 very ripe medium banana at least 1/2 cup if mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil (or canola)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or soy milk)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp oat flour (made from rolled oats or simply all purpose flour)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 Tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- OPTIONAL: 1 tsp agave or maple syrup if your banana isn’t very sweet
1. Add flaxseeds plus water in a small bowl and let rest for 3 minutes.
2. In another bowl add the banana with the baking powder and smash it.
3. Add the oil, salt, vanilla, almond butter, almond/soy milk and stir.
4. Add the oats, almond meal and flour blend and stir properly.
5. Finally add the chocolate chips and mix.
6. Turn on the stove and pre heat the pan. Use always low heat, they do get brown very fast but still remain uncooked in the center so be careful!
7. Add any topping of your choice and enjoy We used banana, strawberries and agave syrup.
Recipe by John and Dana from Minimalist Baker. Thank you guys!
Copyright © Live Life Nutrition for The Soul, 2013. All rights reserved. No part of the development, content, or feedback can be reproduced without the written approval of Live Life Nutrition for the Soul.