I often get asked about which is the best commercial granola. I do have to admit that the market has some good options, but others are totally out of logic about being a granola. Some even include eggs, and no, not because I’m a vegan I reject eggs in granola, I reject them because there are just things that shouldn’t be present in what we consider a certain food. Like a canned soup for dinner with 20 grams of sugar….same thing!
So as we always say, if it’s natural, for sure it’s better right? So here we have a very easy home made granola, with super foods like chia, nutritious dates and super delicious cranberries, plus it has no chemicals and last fresh about a week in an airtight container. Yet I do have to say, remember chia provides tons of energy because it contains fat, dates contain natural sugar and so does the cranberries, so that doesn’t mean we can gulp all the granolas in a day, they are still granolas, and so making them part of our daily meals includes having portion control!
Enjoy them, specially in this time of holidays! Please if you make any modifications let us know other might find them useful 😉
Chia & Cranberries Granola (serves about 12)
- 3/4 cup oats, ground into a flour
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Add oats into blender or food processor. Blend until a fine flour forms. Add flour into a large bowl.
- Add water and pitted dates into blender or food processor. Blend until super smooth. Preheat the oven to 325 F or 160 C.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl with the oat flour and stir well until combined.
- Place parchment paper in a pan. Scoop the mixture into and spread it out with a spatula as evenly as possible. Use your wet fingers if necessary.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Let cool in the pan and then remove from parchment paper. Store in an airtight container.
Thanks to Angela for the amazing recipe!
Copyright © Live Life Nutrition for The Soul , 2013. All rights reserved. No part of the development, content, or feedback can be reproduced without the written approval of Live Life Nutrition for the Soul.