Oh I have to say these were HEAVEN! So simple that you might even think halfway through that you are missing something, but believe me you’re not! The great thing about this recipe is that it only does not contain animal products, but it doesn’t have sugar as well.
Banana Oatmeal Muffins (serves aprox 8 muffins)
1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup dates
1 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup almond/soy or any alternative milk
4 tbsp of peanut butter
2 tsp vainilla essence
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
Optionals: you can add in chunks of apple, fresh blueberries, chocolate chips or just leave them like this, which I promise will taste amazing.
1. Mix dates, milk and peanut butter in a recipient and mix until it becomes a liquid mix.
2. Mix the dry ingredients and bananas in a bowl.
3. You can add smashed bananas or just sliced and make sure to trim them into smaller pieces when mixing.
4. Pure the mix into muffin pans. You can add apple chunks or blueberries on top. I tried two with dried blueberries.
5. Bake at 200C for 35-40 minutes.
(I tried a mini cake also worked great!)
Copyright © Live Life Nutrition for the Soul, 2013. All rights reserved. No part of the development, content, or feedback can be reproduced without the written consent of Live Life Nutrition for the Soul.