This little treats remind me of a delicious recipe my mom makes, but yeah, hers involved butter and eggs, so this variation made my day
They’re a prefect treat before long workouts since they are full off oatmeal, a complex carbohydrate that takes a while to digest like pasta, releasing energy slowly and not instantaneously like sugar. Also for having friends at home or just because you are looking for something to satisfy the sweet tooth.
Andean Blueberry Oatmeal Treats
- 3 cups regular oatmeal, divided
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp applesauce (recipe here)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup of andean blueberry jelly (recipe here)
1. In a food processor place 1 1/2 cups of oats and process until you have flour.
2. In a bowl mix the remaining 1 1/2 cup of whole oats, baking powder and salt. Add the maple syrup, the apple sauce, vainilla extract and water. Mix well. Preheat the oven at 375F/190C
3. Pour almost 2/3 of the batter into the pan, or even a little more, just be careful to leave enough batter to put on top.
4. Add the Andean Blueberry Jelly on top. Spread evenly and then add the remaining mix of batter on top, making small crumbles.
5. Bake for 30 mins at 375F or until the top is slightly golden and firm. Let it cool down before cutting.